Welcome to the Weekend Update. Our goal with this weekly post is to share quick updates about online education, networking and collaboration opportunities and resources for the open source enterprise blockchain community.
If you have suggestions for resources or events that we should spotlight in a future Weekend Update, let us know here using #HLWeekendUpdate.
Forbes Blockchain 50
Declaring that blockchain has “gone mainstream,” Forbes just released its 2021 “Blockchain 50,” featuring companies that have at least $1 billion in revenues or are valued at $1 billion or more and “lead in employing distributed ledger technology.” And, once again, half of the companies on the list are using Hyperledger technology.
More than just a basic list of companies and technologies, the Forbes Blockchain 50 provides a snapshot of the market-changing deployments these blockchain leaders have deployed. Accompanying stories add even more analysis and context.
Hyperledger Climate Action and Accountability Special Interest Group Guest Speakers: Truman Semans and Hewson Baltzell, OS-Climate; Michael Tiemann, Red Hat
Join the Climate Action and Accountability SIG meeting for a presentation on “OS-Climate and Sustainable Finance & Investing.” OS-Climate is a new Linux Foundation umbrella project developing data and analytics solutions for climate-aligned investing, finance, and regulation. In the SIG meeting, the OS-Climate team will discuss:
- Overall trends in the sustainable finance space.
- State of play on ESG/climate data and analytics for asset owners, asset managers, and banks.
- Initial efforts of OS-Climate in prototyping its Data Commons and tools for climate aligned investing.
- Possible areas for collaboration with Hyperledger
For more information on the meeting, which is Tuesday, February 9, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST, go here.
Continuous Delivery Foundation Plan
The CD.Foundation (Continuous Delivery Foundation) aims to improve the world’s capacity to deliver software with security and speed. Its End User Council just released a plan outlining its approach to accelerating adoption of continuous delivery practices for member companies and the industry in general. See the details here.
Call for Experts – Digital Currency Global Initiative
The Digital Currency Global Initiative is launching a “call for experts” to advance research on technical architecture, security, regulatory and policy requirements for digital currencies, such as central bank digital currency, stablecoins, e-money, and cryptocurrency. Find out more here.
- Thursday, February 11, at 13:30 UTC / 19:00 IST: Hyperledger Noida hosts “Why DAML? Write once & Deploy on Fabric & Sawtooth”
- Friday, February 12, at 14:00 UTC / 15:00 CEST: Hyperledger Sweden hosts “Hyperledger Tech Study Circle”
- Saturday, February 13, at 11:30 UTC / 12:30 CET: Hyperledger Italian Chapter hosts “Discussion with Chainstack”
- Saturday, February 13, at 17:00 UTC / 22:00 PKT: Hyperledger Pakistan hosts “Vision of Pakistan with future technologies”
See the full Virtual Meetup schedule here.