- This event has passed.
Build Your Own NFT with Hyperledger Fabric
March 31 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT
One event on March 31, 2022 at 11:00 am
- Thursday, March 24 from 11 AM to 1 PM Eastern
- Thursday, March 31 from 11 AM to 2 PM Eastern
This two session workshop will start with an introduction to blockchain and NFT concepts and is appropriate for both a technical and business audience. In particular, this session has been created for faculty interested in teaching about blockchain and NFT in their courses. Join the first session to get an overview of how blockchain is being used in real world examples and learn more about non-fungible tokens. The topics for the first session will include:
- What is blockchain?
- What are tokens? What is an NFT?
- Technology landscape overview (enterprise perspective)
- Use Cases / Examples
- How does this apply to you? What skillsets are needed?
- Q&A session
The second session is a technical workshop for developers that want a hands-on experience. You will need to be familiar with the material from the first session to get full value from this technical session. The second session will include:
- Basics of the Auction App which will be used in the workshop
- Auction App versus Typical public blockchain implementations
- Auction App code structure
- Hands on using the app – Launching, Registering, Creating an NFT, Transfer Transaction
- Home work on adding changes to support another type of media (e.g., music)
- Engaging with the Community and the Lab
Technical session will be run by – Mohan Venkataraman, Puneet Singh, Aashish Shrestha, Dilip Manjunatha
The auction application code is being donated to Hyperledger Fabric Labs so it will be available to HBCUs and the broader community to download, learn, and enhance outside the workshop.
Introductory Video: Watch this video about blockchain and NFTs from UCLA Professor David MacFadyen covers some of the basics to help you understand this new technology.