Enabling secure and efficient bond
By proceeding to the demo, you will be leaving the hyperledger.org website.
SECURE BOND SETTLEMENT ACROSS FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS
To streamline the process of transferring bonds, Sawtooth Lake created a user interface and transaction family that allows investors to track and transfer bonds. Here, users can create, buy, sell, and settle their portfolio of bonds. While a transaction family was customized specifically for bonds and their unique identifiers, transaction families can be customized for a wide range of financial investment tools.
CHALLENGES WITH TRADITIONAL BOND RECORD KEEPING
- Record keeping practices differ between institutions, reconciling ledgers is often difficult, expensive and time consuming
- Historical bond ownership data can be fractured and incomplete
- Centralized data management solutions have monopolized their offerings
- Data can be altered retroactively leading to financial fraud
- Centralized systems risk single failure points
BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY DRIVEN SOLUTION
BOND SETTLEMENT IS JUST ONE OF MANY USE CASES
Revolutionizing the bond settlement process is just one example of the many ways Hyperledger Sawtooth can have real world benefits.
The Hyperledger Sawtooth platform enables developers to design custom solutions for a variety of financial use cases. With Sawtooth, developers can customize transaction families for the unique characteristics of specific financial investments such as bonds or derivatives. Transaction family logic enables participants to add users and firms, issue assets and quotes, and trade and settle instruments on a shared ledger between financial services companies.