- This event has passed.
May 13, 2019 - May 15, 2019
Hyperledger will have several activities and sessions during Blockchain Week NYC. We encourage you to attend the Consensus and Construct sessions, swing by our booth (110 | Hilton second floor) at Consensus and our Meetup on Wednesday night. See below for more detail.
Interested in meeting 1-1 onsite with a Hyperledger representative onsite? Sign-up to meet with a Hyperledger representative to discuss how your organization can benefit from membership and other engagement opportunities with our open source community.
Consensus is the annual gathering of the cryptocurrency and blockchain technology world. Since 2015, Consensus has attracted every major company, developer, founder and investor in the cryptocurrency and blockchain world to engage in an annual discussion about the future of the industry. Consensus is designed to be a big tent for the industry: it convenes industry participants ranging from enterprise consortia to cypher punks. This convening power breaks down the barriers that separate companies in the industry and allows everyone working on the technology to spend three days learning from their peers. Previous speakers reflect the richness and diversity of the Consensus crowd, ranging from titans of Wall Street and rulers of the Fortune 500, to pioneering cryptographers and the core developers who power the world’s most valuable cryptocurrencies.
- Brian Behlendorf, Hyperledger
- Sebastien Henot, Renault-Nissan-
Mitsubishi & MOBI Consortium
Ajit Tripathi, ConsenSys
Susan Joseph, B3I
Ian Allison, CoinDesk (Moderator)
Check out our technical talks geared towards developers at Construct:
- Tuesday, May 14
- 9:30-10:00 am – ChangeLog/State of the Ledger with Brian Behelendorf, Americas Hall 2 South Stage – Changelog is a one-stop shop for updates on all the development roadmaps for the projects that are driving the industry. Hosted by Ryan Selkis and the Messari team.
- 10:30-12:00 p.m. – A Guided Tour of Hyperledger Fabric with Swetha Repalkula, IBM and Hyperledger Indy with Drummond Reed, Evernym – Room G, Concourse Level
- 3:30-5:00 p.m. – Welcome to the Greenhouse: Getting Started with Hyperledger – Americas Hall 2 North Stage
- 3:40-4:00 – Meet Hyperledger Ursa, a new kind of crypto library, Vipin Bharathan, DLT.NYC
- 4:00-4:20 – Hyperledger Iroha: the fast path to DLT, Alex Zivkovic, Soramitsu
- 4:20-4:40 – Delivering smart contracts with Hyperledger Burrow, Casey Kuhlman, Monax
- 4:40-5:00 – Blockchain benchmarking with Hyperledger Caliper, Nick Lincoln, IBM
STRONGURL BLunch Blockchain Week – Wednesday, May 15 at Lowenstein Sandler, 1251 6th Avenue
Strongurl BLunch Blockchain Week will be a special mini-conference BLunch hosted by Lowenstein Sandler in partnership with IBM. The event features 20+ female leaders in the blockchain space, including Hyperledger Director of Ecosystem Karen Ottoni. Strongurl BLunch provides an inclusive environment and builds community for people who are passionate and interested in learning about blockchain technology. BLunch also highlights female leaders in the space by inviting them as guest speakers to share their work. The BLunch mission is to elevate, empower and encourage women in the blockchain industry, promoting diversity in gender, age and professional backgrounds. Registration opens at 1:30 p.m.
- 2:45 – 3:15 p.m. – Panel: Designing Blockchain Tech as Software Engineers, moderated by Karen Ottoni. Panelists include: Tongtong Gong (Amberdata.io), Angie Ramirez (Livepeer), Amiti Uttarwar (Coinbase), Medha Parlikar (CasperLabs)
RSVP for the Hyperledger NYC Meetup – Wednesday, May 15 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the PwC Offices located on the 9th floor of 90 Park Ave.
Leaders from the Hyperledger team will introduce our projects and guide you through how to get involved contributing code, utilizing Hyperledger tools, joining our working groups and the benefits of membership. We will also have representatives from each framework discussing the design intent and core features of the projects. There will also be a breakout session for deeper discussion with the speakers and networking with the community.