Welcome to this week’s Weekend Update. Our goal with these weekly posts is to share quick updates about online education, networking and collaboration opportunities and resources for the open source enterprise blockchain community.
We are putting this out a day early as the Linux Foundation and Hyperledger staff will be observing Juneteeth tomorrow. We applaud the declaration of Juneteenth National Independence Day as a new U.S. federal holiday.
In celebration of Juneteenth last year, we shared a list of resources that Hyperleger is using to shape our ongoing work towards increasing our antiracism posture and social justice advocacy. If you have suggestions and contributions you would like to share with us, please contact us via email@example.com or come join our diversity, civility and inclusion efforts with our DCI Working Group.
Applications open for Global Blockchain Association Annual Achievement Awards
Each year the Government Blockchain Association presents four achievement awards. These awards are given to individuals who have achieved outcomes that benefit a wider circle of influence than just themselves. The award categories are Leadership, Innovation, Social Impact and Courage. The application deadline is August 1.
To find out more or submit an application, go here.
New, free Hyperledger Besu Essentials course
Linux Foundation training is now offering Hyperledger Besu Essentials: Creating a Private Blockchain Network. Learn how to install Hyperledger Besu, start up Hyperledger Besu for Ethereum mainnet and build a Hyperledger Besu private network in this free training course.
- Friday, June 18, at 13:00 UTC / 15:00 CEST: Hyperledger Budapest hosts “Hyperledger Fabric Attribute based access control (ABAC) with Node.js”
- Tuesday, June 22, at 17:00 UTC / 12:00 CDT: Hyperledger Dallas hosts “openIDL – An Open Blockchain Network for the Insurance Industry”
- Wednesday, June 23, at 17:00 UTC / 11:00 MDT: Hyperledger Denver hosts “Smart Legal Contracts Using The Accord Project And Hyperledger Fabric”
- Thursday, June 24, at 15:00 UTC / 17:00 CEST: Hyperledger Budapest hosts “Is DLT / Blockchain the right technology for CBDC uses cases?”
- Thursday, June 24, at 22:00 UTC / 19:00 BRT: Hyperledger Brazil Chapter hosts “Rede Nacional Blockchain de aplicações de interesse público e combate à fraude” (Portuguese)
See the full Virtual Meetup schedule here.