Welcome to the Weekend Update. Our goal with this weekly post is to share quick updates about online education, networking and collaboration opportunities and resources for the open source enterprise blockchain community.
If you have suggestions for resources or events that we should spotlight in a future Weekend Update, let us know here using #HLWeekendUpdate.
Hyperledger Media and Entertainment Special Interest Group Guest Speakers: Brendan Cooper of Panini America, and Roshan Joseph of [X]Cube Labs
Join the Media and Entertain SIG meeting for its first guest presentation,“Panini NFTs on Hyperledger Sawtooth.” Brendan Cooper of Panini America and Roshan Joseph of [X]Cube Labs will provide a review of the technical, legal, and business challenges of creating officially licensed digital collectibles. The presentation will start with a review of the Panini Blockchain platform, will describe the business and legal issues the Panini team has faced and will end with a review of the technical aspects of their implementation.
For more information on the meeting, which is Thursday, March 23, at 7:00pm PST, go here.
Hyperledger Fabric Training Updates
The Certified Hyperledger Fabric Developer (CHFD) exam is once again available for scheduling. The exam had been paused pending updates of the exam content to align with the most recent Long Term Support (LTS) version of Fabric, v2.2.
CHFD is for developers who want to demonstrate their ability to package and deploy Fabric applications and smart contracts, perform end-to-end Fabric application life-cycle and smart contract management, program in Java or Node.js.
A Japanese-speaking proctor is available for the CHFD exam and also for the Certified Hyperledger Fabric Administrator (CHFA) exam. The Hyperledger Fabric Administration course is offered in Japanese as well as English.
See the latest rundown of blockchain training offerings from Hyperledger and Linux Foundation Training here.
Technical AMA: How to use Hyperledger Besu and Hyperledger Cactus in the development of enterprise Ethereum projects
In case you missed the Hyperledger In-depth session with ConsenSys on how to use Hyperledger Besu and Hyperledger Cactus in the development of enterprise Ethereum projects, the recording is available here.
- Monday, March 22, at 17:00 UTC / 18:00 CET: Hyperledger Madrid hosts “Despliega redes blockchain listas para producción con BAF” (Spanish)
- Tuesday, March 23, at 17:00 UTC / 18:00 CET: Hyperledger Barcelona hosts “Tokenización de activos en la industria financiera” (Spanish)
- Wednesday, March 24, at 17:00 UTC / 18:00 CET: Hyperledger Warsaw hosts “eVoting – praktyczne użycie Hyperledger Fabric na rynku kapitałowym” (Polish)
- Thursday, March 25, at 17:30 UTC / 18:30 CET: Hyperledger Italian Chapter hosts “Discussion with Chainstack” (Italian)
- Friday, March 26, at 14:00 UTC / 15:00 CEST: Hyperledger Sweden hosts “Hyperledger Tech Study Circle”
- Friday, March 26 at 14:00 UTC / 10:00 EDT: Hyperledger Boston hosts “Identity and Privacy in Patient Health Care”
See the full Virtual Meetup schedule here.