Welcome to the Weekend Update. Our goal with this weekly post is to share quick updates about online education, networking and collaboration opportunities and resources for the open source enterprise blockchain community.
If you have suggestions for resources or events that we should spotlight in a future Weekend Update, let us know here using #HLWeekendUpdate.
Singapore Blockchain Week (July 21-23)
This year’s Singapore Blockchain Week will be hosted online and bring together governments, industry leaders, academics and innovators, and aid collaboration on both regional and international level.
As part of the program, Hyperledger’s Brian Behlendorf will be part of the panel “Accelerating the Adoption of Blockchain at the Enterprise Level” taking place Tuesday, July 21, at 10:00 a.m. SGT.
Free passes are available. Once you register, make sure to stop by the Hyperledger virtual booth. The Trade Finance SIG will be meeting there from 3:30-5:00 p.m. SGT on July 21. The meeting will include a panel with speakers from ABN AMRO, dltledgers, IBM and We.trade.
Registration details are here.
Webinar: Observability of multi-party computation with OpenTelemetry
Tune in to a webinar led by Splunk detailing how the latest innovation in managing logs through OpenTelemetry, a project of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation, makes it possible to combine multiple blockchain systems to report fine-grained information into a comprehensive consortium view. As part of their talk, Antoine Toulme and DaveMcAllister Sr of Spunk will share a reference architecture to integrate best of breed technologies: Kubernetes, OpenTelemetry Collector and Hyperledger Fabric.
The webinar will be at 10:00 a.m. PDT on July 23. Go here to register.
Capital Markets Special Interest Group Digital Dollar Project (DDP) discussion
This week, the Hyperledger Capital Markets SIG fielded a detailed discussion about the prospect of a digital version of the U.S. dollar as outlined in the Digital Dollar Project whitepaper. Go here to find a recording of the meeting as well as links to the white paper and to added background documents.
- Saturday, July 18, at 8:30 UTC / 14:00 IST: Hyperledger India Chapter hosts “Asia Pacific Online Certification Study Circle”
- Saturday, July 18, at 13:00 UTC / 15:00 CEST: Hyperledger Sweden hosts “Online Certification Study Circle”
- Saturday, July 18, at 13:00 UTC / 16:00 EAT: Hyperledger Nairobi hosts “Hyperledger Blockchain Ideation Session”
- Monday, July 20, at 16:00 UTC / 18:00 CEST: Hyperledger Madrid hosts “TrustID, la nueva incorporación a los Hyperledger Labs” (Spanish)
- Wednesday, July 22, at 9:00 UTC / 18:00 JST: 7月22日 オンライン開催 Hyperledger Tokyo Meetup (Japanese)
- Wednesday, July 22, at 15:00 UTC / 17:00 CEST: Hyperledger Geneve hosts “TrustID decentralized Hyperledger Fabric ID project by Telefonica”
- Wednesday, July 22, at 22:00 UTC / 17:00 COT: Hyperledger Latinoamerica hosts “Casos de Uso Empresariales con Hyperledger: Bancolombia” (Spanish)
See the full Virtual Meetup schedule here.