Welcome to this week’s Weekend Update. We are putting this out a day early as the Linux Foundation and Hyperledger staff will be observing Juneteeth tomorrow.
Our goal with these weekly posts is to share quick updates about online education, networking and collaboration opportunities and resources for the open source enterprise blockchain community.
In celebration of Juneteenth and in support of Black Lives Matter, we are also including a list of just some of the resources we at Hyperledger are looking to for ideas and inspiration for increasing our antiracism posture and social justice advocacy:
Automating Inequality: How High-Tech Tools Profile, Police, and Punish the Poor – https://virginia-eubanks.com/books/T
The Equal Justice Society – https://equaljusticesociety.org/
NYU Law’s Center on Race, Inequality and the Law – https://www.law.nyu.edu/centers/race-inequality-law
Data for Black Lives – http://d4bl.org/
The Kapor Center – https://www.kaporcenter.org/
Code2040 – http://www.code2040.org/
If you have suggestions and contributions you would like to share with us, please contact us via email@example.com or come join our diversity, civility and inclusion efforts with our DCI Working Group.
Webcast: Verifying Authentic Goods & Sustainable Processes with Blockchain
Oracle is hosting a webcast with industry leader Leanne Kemp, CEO of Everledger, discussing how blockchain can be used to authentic items like precious gems, luxury goods, batteries, minerals, raw materials, food and beverages. Tune in on June 25 at 10 am PT/1 pm ET.
For more information or to register, go here.
New Hyperledger Training Partner
IBM has joined the Hyperledger Training Partner program and is offering courses on Hyperledger Fabric in English and Chinese. For more information on training classes from IBM and others, go to the Hyperledger Training Partner page.
Blockchain in Action: Mindtree Revolutionizes Loyalty Programs with Hyperledger Fabric
Learn more about dual solutions from Mindtree that increase the rate of retail and travel loyalty program redemption by consumers and streamline the tedious merchant onboarding process for banks and payment service providers in this detailed case study.
- Saturday, June 20, at 4:30 UTC / 10:00 IST: Hyperledger Bangalore hosts “Blockchain Stories 2020 – Part 4”
- Saturday, June 20, at 6:00 UTC / 11:30 IST: Hyperledger Kochi hosts “Introduction to Hyperledger Iroha by Makoto Takemiya, CEO Soramitsu”
- Saturday, June 20, at 13:00 UTC / 15:00 CEST: Hyperledger Sweden hosts “Online Certification Study Circle”
- Sunday, June 21, at 6:30 UTC / 12:00 IST: Hyperledger Tamil Nadu hosts “Building blockchain web apps using Hyperledger Composer”
- Monday, June 22, at 23 UTC / 18:00 CDT: Hyperledger Austin hosts “International Blockchain Use Case for Fair Fashion”
- Wednesday, June 24, at 21:00 UTC / 18:00 BRT: Hyperledger Brazil hosts “Hyperlerdger Aries E Caso De Uso Identidade Digital Autossoberana” (Portuguese)
- Wednesday, June 24, at 22:00 UTC / 17:00 CDT: Hyperledger Mexico City hosts “Fabric Technical Overview – Impartido por Baltazar Rodriguez de IBM Mexico” (Spanish)
See the full Virtual Meetup schedule here.