As our incubated projects continue to mature, we’d like to update the community monthly on the progress we make. Below are updates on Blockchain Explorer, Fabric, Cello, Iroha and Sawtooth Lake during April. An update on Burrow will be included in May’s blog.
Hyperledger Blockchain Explorer
- We are actively working towards implementing Explorer as per the architecture document. We are planning to make the initial release compatible with Hyperledger Fabric v1.0.
- The v1.0.0-alpha release was published just prior to the previous Governing Board meeting. The past month has been focused on planning out the end-game for the v1.0 release – including deciding how we will manage the process, and what remaining feature work must be included
- We have also been working on cleaning up JIRA, so that we can focus on a truly JIRA-centric process of managing releases going forward to close out v1.0 and beyond
- There have been improvements made to the bootstrap process to enable deployment on Windows and in documenting some sample applications.
- Fixed the build-up problem on MacOS, now we support both linux and MacOS to run Hyperledger Cello
- Add host operation fill up/clean/reset supported in dashboard with react theme
- New sub-project Cello-analytics was started to help maintain those operational/analytics tools
- Intern candidates on Hyperledger Cello are under review to select
- Updated the design and contribution documentation
- Connected with Cloudsoft to have a online demo to make decision to collaborate on the project
- Indetail, Intec, Panasonic, CAC, NTT Data joined with Soramitsu as corporate contributors to Hyperledger Iroha: http://www.coindesk.com/panasonic-hyperledger-iroha-blockchain/
- We are moving most of our developer-oriented documentation to the github wiki: https://github.com/hyperledger/iroha/wiki
- Iroha-Ametsuchi (https://github.com/hyperledger/iroha-ametsuchi) is almost finished. The integration with Hyperledger Iroha will be finished shortly, once we finish fixing bugs in the flatbuffers code.
- Hyperledger Sawtooth is on track to release v1.0 mid-summer.
- Supply Chain demo added to Hyperledger YouTube channel
- Recommended version and default docs upgraded to 0.8. 0.7 is now considered legacy. Once 0.8 is feature-complete and passing various quality criteria it will be promoted to 1.0.
- Proof of Elapsed Time (PoET) migrated to 0.8 architecture.
- Validator Registry migrated to 0.8
- Added trusted validator signup on genesis tool
- Created deb-only docker images for all components
- Migrated load generator from 0.7/stable to 0.8/master
- Implemented ZMQ ‘Ironhouse’ security on interconnect
- Added support for parallel scheduler to context manager
- Added several REST API features
- Completed the Completer which aids peering by accounting for locally missing blocks and batches
- Completed a number of CLI tools which benefit on-chain settings
- Gossip improvements
That’s it for the updates! We encourage developers to join our efforts on these projects. You can plug into the Hyperledger community at github, Rocket.Chat the wiki or our mailing list. You can also follow Hyperledger on Twitter or email us with any questions: [email protected].