Welcome to the Weekend Update. Our goal with this weekly post is to share quick updates about online education, networking and collaboration opportunities and resources for the open source enterprise blockchain community.
If you have suggestions for resources or events that we should spotlight in a future Weekend Update, let us know here using #HLWeekendUpdate.
Open Source Summit Europe
The opening day of Open Source Summit Europe (October 26-29) features two sessions focused on blockchain and Hyperledger technologies in action:
- Si Chen, president of Open Source Strategies, will discuss “Fighting Climate Change with Blockchain and Open Source” at 12 PM GMT, Monday October 26. The session will include highlights of work by the Hyperledger Climate Action and Accounting Special Interest Group.
- Hyperledger’s Marta Geater-Piekarska will moderate the panel “Leveraging blockchain to drive supply chain resilience and accountability in the face of climate change and other disruptions” at 13:00 GMT, Monday, October 26. Panelists include Chainyard’s Gigo Joseph of Chainyard and Douglas Johnson-Poensgen of Circulor. #HyperledgerSupplyChain
More details about Open Source Summit Europe (#ossummit) are here.
Blockchain Revolution Global
Blockchain Revolution Global (#BRG2020) aims to bring together leading thinkers, builders, and pioneers to accelerate the blockchain revolution. During the week-long event (October 26-30), Hyperledger executives will help shape the discussion on two panels:
- On Thursday, October 29, at 10:10 a.m. EDT, Daniela Barbosa will speak in a session on Consortia & Industry Working Groups.
- On Friday, October 30, at 9:30 am EDT, Brian Behlendorf will be part of the “Luminaries” panel.
For more details about Blockchain Revolution Global, go here.
Webinar: What is Trust Your Supplier?
Tune in on Thursday, October 29, at 10:00 AM EDT to learn more about how Trust Your Supplier solves supplier information management challenges in onboarding and lifecycle management. #HyperledgerSuppyChain
CoinDesk Webinar – Governance, standards and interoperability: Getting past the roadblocks to peer-to-peer financial transactions – now available on demand
If you missed this webinar with experts on three different Hyperledger DLT platforms talking about roadblocks to peer-to-peer financial transactions and comparing notes about current and future token-based solutions from around the world (there were some technical difficulties), you can watch it on demand here.
- Tuesday, October 27, at 13:30 UTC / 19:00 IST: Hyperledger Kochi hosts KochiOrgBook demo and discussion
- Wednesday, October 28, at 22:00 UTC / 17:00 COT: Hyperledger Latinoamerica hosts “Casos de Uso Empresariales con Hyperledger: Boston Scientific” (Spanish)
- Thursday, October 29, at 17:00 UTC / 18:00 CET: Hyperledger Sweden hosts “Blockchain for Entrepreneurs – Introduction to Blockchain and its 27 use cases”
- Friday, October 30, at 8:00 UTC / 19:00 AEST: Hyperledger Sydney hosts “Hyperledger Performance Improvements (Presentation, Demo and Discussion)”
- Saturday, October 31, at 8:30 UTC / 14:00 IST: Hyperledger Bangalore hosts “Blockchain Techfest 2020”
See the full Virtual Meetup schedule here.